Saturday, February 7, 2015

Carter's December 2014 and January 2015 Update

 Another day as the leader in his kindergarten class.
Around 1 pm every day I have the boys either take a nap or rest. On the weekends when Carter is around he rests for a bit and then comes out to join me as I read my Bible. He gets out his Bible and circles all the words that he knows:)  
 Carter lost his first tooth in December! When I asked him what he knew about the tooth fairy he replied, "Basically you lose a tooth and then your mom or dad puts a toothbrush under your pillow! Right?" 
He lost his second tooth a day or two after the first one. Both of them came out when he tried to take his gloves off with his teeth.
 I caught him checking out his new toothless smile in the mirror:)
 He's growing up! After losing his teeth he kept asking when he would get his parent teeth in:)
Carter is really into drawing princesses and princes lately.
 Me: "Hey Carter, can I fix your hair?"
Carter: "Nah, it's just a little bed head!"
 Craft time with Kimmie! 
 "Hey Mom, take my picture! I'll make a crazy face!"
 We join Carter at school for lunch every couple of weeks. All the boys love it!
 Once a month Carter's school has a R.E.D day (Read Every Day) where parents can come in and read with their kids for the last half hour of school. I brought Cooper for the first time and he enjoyed seeing Carter's classroom and listen to him read. Carter is doing SO WELL with his reading. I'm very impressed!
Hanging out at the UND Women's Hockey game. We only made it through one period. Then the boys had an all out melt down at the concession stand and we knew it was time to head home to bed! Carer still gets so tired by about 7 pm every night. Kindergarten is tiring stuff!!!

Carterisms from the past 2 months:

-I teach Sunday school once a month and Carter loves to come help me with the 3 year olds. 
-I told Carter I was proud of him one day. He replied with, "Well that's okay but I'm proud of God. He's the one that gave me the brain to do all this cool stuff!"

No comments:

Post a Comment