Friday, May 18, 2012

Kairos Time

I read an article a couple of months ago that has stayed with me. It was funny, insightful and hit me right where I am at in the midst of motherhood. The author describes two different types of time, chronos and kairos:
"Chronos is the hard, slow passing time we parents often live in.
Then there's Kairos time. Kairos is God's time. It's time outside of time. It's metaphysical time. It's those magical moments in which time stands still. I have a few of those moments each day. And I cherish them."
It is a crazy, wild journey raising three young boys and sometimes life happens so quickly that I miss the kairos moments. 
But the other day, I walked into the room and saw the three amigos...having a little brother bonding time! And I even got the camera out in time to capture it:)
I'm praying I'd have eyes to see all the blessings in each day and give thanks to God, the giver of every good and perfect gift (James 1:17)!


2 comments:

  1. Amen! To see the blessings in each day and give thanks to God, the giver of every good and perfect gift will make life here on earth much sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhhhh your family is so precious to me!!!

    ReplyDelete