It really was only a couple of hours but felt like a long time! The hospital called around 1 and told us to come in right away! I was so ready to meet this little guy (and to be done being pregnant).

Being that I've been induced with all 3 boys, we have a little tradition of playing a game of pinochle while waiting for labor to start. I won during labor with both Carter and Cooper...

After cards came the pain and then the epidural. I went from a 4 to an 8 in 20 minutes and then things got a little scary as Crosby's heart rate kept dropping. The nurse said we were close to needing a c-section but of course she didn't tell us that during the process.
After about 10 hours of labor, Crosby Charles was born at 11:44pm on Sunday night. He weighed 7 pounds, 14.4 ounces and was 20 inches long.

What an amazing and indescribable joy to finally hold him!
And then the camera battery died:( Already as the 3rd child, Crosby is getting the shaft on pictures!
Thanks for telling your story Case! So thankful that Crosby is here safe and sound! He looks absolutely precious! Love you friend!
ReplyDeleteLOVE love love it! Praise the Lord, giver of life!
ReplyDeleteSo dearly wish I could bring you a meal and come hold that sweet baby. oh how i love those first teeny tiny days and weeks. Especially when I'm not the one dealing with sleepless nights and just get to drop by for some baby snuggles!
praying for you and the family as you transition! and rejoicing with you in God's good gift to your family. May Crosby grow up to love and trust deeply in Jesus!