Saturday, September 8, 2012

Carter is 4 Years + 1 Month

A couple pics from the past month...
 "Hey mom, look how many hats I can put on my head!"
 "Mom, this is a dromedary." I had to look it up. A dromedary is a one-hump camel. Not sure where he learned that one!
 Carter loves to color. He is adding lots of details to his pictures and is learning to write letters. He can now write his name and Cooper as well.
 Carter still LOVES colorful things. Nana and Papa got him this outfit in Hawaii and he can't get enough of it. I try not to let him leave the house in it:)  
 We are giving him a little more freedom on his bike. He loves to go up and down the block "all by himself".
He's already a baller!

Couple things from the past month:
-While some friends were babysitting, they noticed Carter picking his nose and asked him to get a kleenex. Not wanting to stop playing he told them it was okay and that he didn't need one. Then he proceeded to put it back up in his nose!
-Carter is only napping one or two days a week now so we are getting more time together in the afternoons. One day I thought we could sing some worship songs together. I tried a couple and he seemed quite uninterested. Then he said, "Mom, do you know any songs about pirates instead?"
-We were playing outside the other day and I overheard Carter say, "Hey Coops, wanna watch me pee on a tree?" Before I could get to him, his pants were down and he went for it!
-Carter still sleeps with this little bear with wings that he named Angel Bear. 
-He is starting to ask lots of questions about growth and growing up. A frequent question is, "When I'm 7 am I going to pop out of the house?"
-He still gets a bit confused about yesterday, today and tomorrow. He can't get it in his head that when he wakes up from nap it is still "today". He often refers to the today after his nap as today, today...like the 2nd today. It's quite fun watching him try to figure things out.
-Out of the blue the other day: "Dad, I want to have a hairy back like Papa and Uncle Dave!"
-We were out for a walk the other day and saw a little girl...probably 18 months or so. Carter looked at me and said, "Awwww, I want one of those!" He also prayed in Sunday School for a little sister.
-"Patting your head and rubbing your belly is really hard. Only Superman can do that!"
-I overheard him singing this song recently: "My God is so huge and big and awesome. He is so much bigger than me! BUT...I AM BIGGER THAN MY BROTHERS!"
-We have had lots of roommates in the past couple of months. It is great having a guest room in the basement and being able to provide a place for people to stay! One morning I woke up to Carter and Cooper at the top of the stairs yelling/singing, "Who is in our basement? Who is in our basement?" They do love having the company:) We currently have a vacancy sign up at the Spark Hotel though, so we would love some visitors!!

1 comment:

  1. Did you sing him "We are the pirates who don't do anything"?

    ReplyDelete